Illustration of waveform, ground tracks, SAR vs LRM, etc. of Sentinel-6 altimeter (Video credits: ESA)
Inland water monitoring
- Jiang et al. (2017) "CryoSat-2 radar altimetry for monitoring freshwater resources of China". Remote Sensing of Environment.
- Jiang et al. (2017) "Monitoring recent lake level variations on the Tibetan Plateau using Cryosat-2 SARIn mode data". Journal of Hydrology.
- Jiang et al. (2020) "A bigger picture of how the Tibetan lakes change over the past decade revealed by CryoSat-2 altimetry" Journal of Geophysical Research - Atmospheres
Altimetry data evaluation & validation
- Jiang et al. (2020) "Evaluation of Sentinel-3 SRAL SAR altimetry over Chinese rivers". Remote Sensing of Environment.
- Zhang & Jiang et al. (2020) "On the Performance of Sentinel‐3 Altimetry Over New Reservoirs: Approaches to Determine Onboard A Priori Elevation". Geophysical Research Letters.
- Kittel & Jiang et al. (2021) "Sentinel-3 radar altimetry for river monitoring – a catchment-scale evaluation of satellite water surface elevation from Sentinel-3A and Sentinel-3B". Hydrology and Earth System Sciences.
- Jiang et al. (2021) "Calibrating 1D hydrodynamic river models in the absence of cross-section geometry using satellite observations of water surface elevation and river width". Hydrology and Earth System Sciences.
- Jiang et al. (2020) "The value of distributed high-resolution UAV-borne observations of water surface elevation for river management and hydrodynamic modelling". Remote Sensing.
- Jiang et al. (2019) "Simultaneously Calibration of Multiple Hydrodynamic Model Parameters using Satellite Altimetry Observations of Water Surface Elevation in the Songhua River". Remote Sensing of Environment.
- Jiang & Bauer-Gottwein. (2019) "How do GPM IMERG precipitation estimates perform as hydrological model forcing? Evaluation for 300 catchments across Mainland China". Journal of Hydrology.